- Add timers to photocell-controlled lights so they are not on all night
- Disconnect lights and ballasts in vending machines
- Adjust power settings on computers and peripherals
- Consolidate refrigerated appliances. Clean and turn off ones that are not needed.
- Time condensate evaporators on large refrigeration equipment
- Replace coffee warmers with carafes, just like most coffee shops have done
- Use vacancy sensors for lighting. Unlike an occupancy sensor, you must manually turn on the lights, and they turn off automatically.
- Turn off eating pilot lights in non-heating months
- Close off unused rooms by drawing shades, closing doors and covering radiators.
- Cover overheating radiators/convectors with aluminum foil or blanket insulation
- Use one of multiple boilers piped in parallel
- Don’t operate ceiling fans during the winter
To read the Original 1 page publication in PDF Format, click on the link below:
(Opens in a new window, file size 37 KB)